Friday, October 10, 2008

My TeachIndia dream is coming true at last!

Pic taken from TeachIndia website
I applied to TeachIndia a few months ago. TeachIndia was launched by Times of India newspaper, and facilitates citizens to teach different subjects to underprivileged kids. I wanted to teach English to these children so I had signed up.

Being part of the larger Art of Living NGO, seva or service is constantly projected to be an integral part of one's life, and helps the spirit within us to flourish. So I took this opportunity to do something in a more streamlined and structured manner.

I had to fill up an online form first- and here I filled in details of number of hours I can spend, the area where I was comfortable teaching and even the proposed duration of my involvement in the project. I thought it was pretty well-defined and organized.

We have an induction program at Deena Seva Sangha, an NGO, on Sunday. I am to be part of Youth for Seva NGO.

Well, the Guru knows what we're good at, and where we can nurture the spirit. This is probably why I got this message on the day of Vijaydasami- a victory.

I am realizing my dream- at last.

Jai Guru Dev.



Look upon every man, woman, and everyone as God. You cannot help anyone, you can only serve: serve the children of the Lord, serve the Lord Himself, if you have the privilege.

Swami Vivekananda

5 comments:

Random Reflections said...

Jai Guru Dev Manju ! All The best

manju said...

Thanks RR!!

Ravi Kumar said...

my best wishes for this noble endeavour.
Now guess who am I?

manju said...

Yes Ravi, I saw your blog! You're the one who went to the Himalayas!

Random Reflections said...

manju did you read Guruji's interview in Sunday Times Pg 4 today . Its about Teach India and HIS message for it.

Jai Guru Dev