Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Teach India Campaign

Today I am the proud owner of my Teach India Badge.

A whole host of NGOs, corporate houses and schools have joined hands to extend an invite to public to teach underprivileged children in India. You can volunteer to teach from a range of subjects and you get to teach for around 2 hours per week. Manageable, if you shuffle between a regular job and home. Plus it gives you immense satisfaction to be part of this fantastic endeavor.

All you need to do is to enter the site (highlighted text in the previous para) and get your log in credentials. The you can register into Teach India campaign. You get to choose a location nearest to your home, which is an added advantage.

I plan to teach English, but I wait for the organizers to get back to me on this.

This is pretty exciting! Do join in and help each and every child in India live with pride and dignity. If we can work together and see the day when the son of a vegetable vendor on the street can appreciate the science of plant breeding, my what a change that would be!

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts."
-- C. S. Lewis

No comments: