Saturday, August 23, 2008

The greathess of Krishna

'Sarvadharman Parityajya Maam ekam Sharanam Vraja
Aham tva Sarva Papabhyo Mokshayishyami Masuchaha'*-
Sri Krishna

Today is Sri Krishnajanmashtmi, marking the birth of Lord Sri Krishna. I couldn't have asked for a better way to start the day than to visit ISKCON and participate in the early 'Abhishakam' to Krishna.

How can a mere mortal like me ever begin to describe the vastness, the greatness, the omniscience of Lord Krishna? I was brought up on stories of Krishna stealing butter from the humble homes of milkmaids.


My eyes always widened as I heard about young Krishna lift the vast Goverdhan mountain with his little finger.



On every Krishnashtami, I love drawing tiny feet of the Lord with rice flour, in the Prayer room.

Krishna's presence pervades a devotee's life like the simple sprinkling of rose water permeates a room with such divine fragrance. And it lasts a lifetime...

Happy Krishnashtami

*Having given up all Dharmas or rites unintentionally, surrender to the Lord alone. I will release you from all sins and give Moksha; don't despair or grieve".- Sri Krishna instructs Arjuna thus, in the Bhagavad Gita

Pics obtained from the web.

1 comment:

Faith Lasts said...

Awwhhh thankyou for sharing