Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Gurudev Sri Sri's birthday

Guruji peforming Rudrabhisekam Puja in the Bangalore ashram

Today is Gurudev Sri Sri Ravishankar's birthday.

How can I describe Gurudev? And my association with him? Words seem to fail me, or perhaps my thoughts are far beyond words.

All I can say is that I have found a true Guru in Sri Sri. One who never judges, whose compassion knows no bounds, and one who constantly teaches his disciples to 'walk like a king and be a perfect servant'.

Gurudev lives for Service, as is seen by his tireless journeys to places and people who want and seek his help. He greets world leaders and the world's poorest alike with a benevolent smile.
Pic taken from the web

Every principle that Gurudev stands for is hand-picked from the Holy scriptures. Accepting people and situations as they are- but not passive acceptance. Standing up to your beliefs without being a football in other people's hands. Living in the present moment. Developing a sense of belonginess, moving together in service as a 'One World Family'.

Under Gurudev's tutelage, every principle becomes a reality and you feel a transformation. I have seen it in people. I am seeing it in myself.

And atheist is said to have once asked a Swami Kriyananda who is a close disciple of Paramahansa Yogananda: Can you describe this 'God' whom you allude to all the time? What is God?"

To which Swamy Kriyananda is said to have replied - You can consider God to be your highest potential'.

This is what you can expect when you are in Guruji's presence. Your core skills are so amplified, your confidence boosted and everything seems suddenly so achievable.

I can take all the time I want in in trying to reach the pinnacle of God consciousness. But for now, I am ever grateful to my Guru for making me see myself in the truest sense.

Happy Birthday Guruji.

5 comments:

reachme said...

Jai Gurudev Manju,

Wonderful writeup and photo.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR BELOVED GURUDEV!!


SREEKUMAR,PRIYA,KRISHNAVENI,
SALMIYA, KUWAIT

Rita said...

Jai gurudev! Happy birthday Guruji!Long live my Guruji! I offer my sincerest salutation to you and want to tell you that,you make s difference to my life and you are so close to me.Unbelievable that you heard my innermost dream to wish.
My regards,my love,my thanks to almighty to bring you to this planet.
Rita Sinha. Director Kreations om.

Rita said...

I really want to see and be with you
Maybe the time is not ripe .My earnest desire is to attend The Seminar in Germany .


Rest you know.Jai gurudev!!!

Rita said...

Happy Birthday Guruji.Please come to PATNA.

Chef SJ said...

HAppy Birthday Gurudev..