Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Connecting with the Guru

All my readers must be wondering why I hadn't blogged in quite a while.

Well, I was at the ashram doing the Blessing Course under the wonderful tutelage of Swami Pragyapad.

Truly speaking, I still haven't found words to describe the experience. But nevertheless, not wanting to disappoint you all, I will try.

It was like no other course that I had ever been to.

Firstly what can I say of Swamiji? His beatific smile, his gentle countenance, flowing hair, pristine white robes, had such a soothing effect on us! To add to all this was his amazing sense of humor that had us in splits. I guess this offset the intensity of the course, and we needed that, else we would have become restless with all the electrifying energy!

In one very intense process, I woke up almost in a trance. Much to my amazement Gurudev had walked into the room at precisely the same time! It was like nothing I had ever experienced before.

On the last day, all of us course participants were sad to leave one another, for we had shared so many intimate moments together. Nevertheless, one has to part ways and get back to our own world.

Get back to the world I did, and here I am writing in. But I feel a difference- a touching one. Now I feel Gurudev's presence in me very strongly.

I am Blessed...

No comments: