Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ekadasi


I managed to reach Sunday class on the dot for my Long Kriya. As usual, the kriya was awesome, with Guruji doing most of the work of making my spirits soar in the sky.

Bliss.

The Ashtavakra Gita sessions just got over in my house yesterday. We celebrated with a high Brunch- home-made, simple. After Guruji's soothing teachings for soul, the good food soothed the stomach as well!

Today is Ekadasi, and whenever I get to know about it (when some good soul tells me about it), I fast (stay off grain, generally). I went to a nearby temple, to pay my respect to Lord Krishna on this auspicious day. The temple serves great Prasadam as well so I lined up for a serving. They gave some wonderful yellow rice (called Puliothare). Now why would they do that, I wondered. It was Ekadasi, at least they could have given some non-grain preparation! I took it home so that at least my husband can enjoy the wonderful fare.

The origin of Ekadasi is explained in the Padma Purana.

It's time for my mid-day meal- a fruit. And then I shall rest. :-)

2 comments:

shilpa said...

hey manjula....i missed that brunch...but had a hearty lunch at kamalashile............i too plan on ekadashi fasts and they're still in the planning stage!!!

manju said...

I did hear that you guys had a great time!! Welcome back!!
Brunch will happen...will happen!