Monday, February 18, 2008

The Cosmic mother

All of last week I was a troubled mom. When a fledgling grows wings and is all set to fly, it is hard for a mother. I was in the same situation and sympathized with the mother birds.

I watched my daughter prepare for her trip to Europe, for pursuing higher studies. She was so excited. All she seemed to do was pack, weigh her bag and repack. She fretted over the number of warm clothes I had stealthily squeezed into her bag. I smiled as she gave me a reproachful look.

On Saturday, and we had thrown a small party at home for her friends and their families. Only then did I get that all-familiar lump in my throat. I had been cleverly avoiding this feeling by getting busy with this and that.

As parents, we always want the best for our kids. We want to see a smile on their faces. We want to protect them from the bad elements in the world. We want them constantly around us to do that.

But after a point, they seem to want to learn from life by themselves, with only a little help. We often wonder whether we are being good parents by letting go, or whether we are being negligent? But then, I guess we need to trust in the Cosmic Mother and do whatever is best for the child.

So deeply entrenched in these feelings I wished I could do 'Chakra meditation'. In all my advanced courses in the Art of Living, we had guided Chakra meditation which was powerful and soothing at the same time.

I would have clearly loved to go to the ashram and do another advanced course. But I had a lot of office work to deal with.

I wondered, how could I get to do this wonderful meditation?

This morning, I woke up at the crack of dawn to start my Yoga practice. I switched on WorldSpace.

I heard Guruji's gentle voice:
Let us sit comfortably to do Chakra meditation...




No comments: